Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Finished Oscar Wilde Piece

I am very good at forgetting when St Patrick's day is, I always wind up thinking it's on the 14th. Every year. Oh well. As tempting as a green Guinness would be, going out in traffic tonight is not as inviting. Ooh, potato and leek soup though, that would be just the thing...

Anyhoo, I went back to the first piece I did for One Fiery Moment and finished it up with a quick backdrop.

Salome

I love the costume Salome wears in 'Salome's Last Dance', so I opted to illustrate that. It's one... sleezy movie, but the costumes are fantastic and fun and the performances are hilarious. The way this Salome delivers some of her lines just bowl me over. "I don't like your hair!" shouldn't be that epic of a line, but she makes it so. At some point I read that the actress playing her is nearly blind, but you'd never know it from watching her on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment